“Parenting is like having a bowling alley in your head.” Comedian Martin Mull



10 Tips for Stress-less parenting by Brenda Nixon

1. All kids can and do misbehave.
2. There are no perfect kids.
3. There are no perfect parents
4. Parenting is a short season of your life.
5. Physical affection is therapeutic; give and receive hugs.
6. See humor (somewhere) in each situation.
7. Take a break. Exercise, listen to soothing music, read a passage in the Bible, or enjoy a cup of coffee.
8. Talk to other parents to ease frustration.
9. Overlook some behaviors
10. Take comfort in knowing that the Perfect Parent is available to help you. He has children who are out of control, too.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were reprinting this. Thanks for your confidence in me and my words. Parents are welcome to take advantage of my free Discipline Tip by subscribing at www.BrendaNixon.com.
    Also, my radio program "The Parent's Plate" airs live every Tuesday 10 AM (ET) but you can listen anytime at www.toginet.com/shows/theparentsplate.
    God bless you and your ministry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...