7 Brothers Enter World War II

Seventy-two years ago George Powell left the farm, the first of 7 brothers to enlist in the military. (A family of 13.) The number of enlistees from the same family grabbed the attention of local law makers.

Now a push is on to name a stretch of road in Greene County Illinois, "Powell Brothers Memorial Highway. "I want to go," George says concerning the renaming of the highway when it happens. "But I don't know if I'll be able to do it. I'm not as rough and ready as I used to be." George is 99 years old, so the race is on the highway to get the legislation passed.

All seven brothers eventually returned to the farm, all alive.

As of today approximately 1.2 million World War II vets of the 16 million are still alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...