Drug Usage Among Teens

Teens under 17 who daily use marijuana are 60 percent less likely to graduate from high school.
…are 18 times more likely to become dependent upon drugs.
…are seven times more likely to attempt suicide.
…are eight times more likely to use other types of drugs.

(Reported in the Lancet Psychiatry)
teenhelp.com reports that 85.8 percent of teens say they know how to get marijuana if they wanted it.

According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, synthetic marijuana sends thousands of Americans, age 12 – 29, to the emergency room each year. (I personally know this because I had to run my son to the ER.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...