Google and Diversity


Google and Diversity

Google is making steps towards diversity. Diversity Core is a program in which Google employees contribute one-fifth of their time to initiatives aimed at attracting more women and minorities and creating a welcoming culture for them.

Google says that about 500 employees in 53 offices have taken part in this program.
Nancy Lee, Google Vice President says, “We want all Googlers to care about diversity, not just the leadership or the diverse population. You have to figure out: Where’s the tipping point to changing the culture?

I like diversity. I hate diversity. Let me explain. I enjoy being around a variety of people from all different backgrounds. I experienced it when I was in the Navy and when I worked at a Federal Prison. I’m exposed to so much more.


I hate diversity. Let me explain that as well. When a company hires or transfers a person based on diversity, that company would pick a person based upon his skin color, not based upon his experience or work history. I think that is so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...