Presidential Visit

President Obama will visit South Dakota for the first time as President. It's been 13 years since a President has been to South Dakota and the longest period since Franklin Roosevelt in 1936.

Why did it take so long and why is South Dakota the last state he will visit as President? For one South Dakota is not Obama country. Today his approval rating in South Dakota is among the lowest in the nation. (Republicans would rather have the distinction that South Dakota is the only state without an Obama visit.)

As a South Dakotan, I'm honored the President will be here next week. I may disagree with his ideas, but I respect the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...