Zoo Takes Steps Against Avian Influenza

In St. Paul Minnesota, the zoo is taking steps to protect their birds from the avian influenza. Matt Reinartz said the same migrating water-fowl suspected of spreading the disease in turkey farms also stop at the zoo in St. Paul. I guess I hadn't thought about birds that fly in and out of the zoos. Wild birds routinely are in the zoo. This includes wild turkeys.

The zoo is especially watching the trained birds. The bird handlers are taking extra precautions to make sure the birds' food doesn't touch the ground. Bird watcher in the wild is asked to change clothes before visiting the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...