City Chicks



I’m reading many articles, where people are getting chicken -and not on farms. Southeastern Virginia is changing regulations to allow hens and sometimes roosters within the towns and cities.
Jenny Justice is a “chicken raiser.” “My grandparents had a farm in the mountains of southwest Virginia, and I loved visiting and helping with the farm animals chores.”

She goes on to say, “we got our girls – four Rhode Island Red hens – Mother’s Day 2014 when they were 10 weeks old.” And, “I love the way they run to the door to greet me.”
I wouldn’t mind having some chickens in the back yard. I’m not sure the birds would last my two boys, 5 & 6.


Would you like chickens in your back yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...