Playing With Feeling


Danielle Gillis, 17 of Yankton, SD placed first in the 42nd annual Fiddle Contest.  “I have played with my dad at the Smithsonian Festival in Washington, D.C. and have been on the garrison Kellor show in Minneapolis. It has been an amazing ride.”

“It’s funny sitting here listening to these contestants. Some come up and play a tune that makes you want to tap your foot. Others come up and play waltzes that make you want to cry. There is so much feeling in the music,” Foss, 93 says.

I hadn’t taken much thought in the arts until I began a serious career in writing. I consider myself an artist, painting pictures with words. We have a lot in common – passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...