Roaming Buffalo

South Dakota, my home state, stays on top in the U.S. for bison production. A slogan known in the Midwest but not across the country is: "Bison, it's what's for dinner." I've eaten a buffalo burger. It's not as tender as ground beef but tastes good. 

There are 33,637 bisons in the U.S.A. Of that amount, 20.7 percent is found in South Dakota. The number two spot is our Dakota neighbor to the north. I've seen buffalo at different times while traveling across South Dakota. It makes me think about the early days of the wild west.

A farmer of bison, Mahoney says, "Cattle is much different from bison. The fences have to be much stronger. The animal is wild and has to be respected as such."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...