Story from Prison

1st thing - I worked at a prison, never as an inmate. With that out of the way, let me get to my story.


In Food Service, Cook Supervisors directed inmates to prepare the meals. One of my co-workers worked hard to get out of work. To keep his name out of the funny pages, I'll nickname him, "Slacker."

Inspected each week, Slacker would rather sit in the office, feet propped on the desk, instead of directing inmates to clean. Yet, with no preparation, he nearly always received a superior rating.

I hear what you're thinking, you're reminding me that my co-worker did everything to get out of work. Well, he did. An inmate would alert Slacker when the inspector would be arriving. Slacker would yell for soapy water to be thrown on the floor. The first thing the inspector would see would be the soap - thus the superior rating.

Maybe the first impression matter. At least in this case.

Tweetable: Story from Prison Click to Tweet



















Randy Tramp

Amazon Review:

It's a military thriller with a heart. Commander Mark Steele has an exciting job in Special Forces. Though it's dangerous, he knows his work is critically important. But that job separates him from his wife and child. When an injury brings him home, his wife is glad to have him back. But other issues cause struggles within the family, leading to distrust and hurt. Steele takes dangerous risks in his new work. The thriller plot thickens, as he seeks to save a life. But can he save his family?

Purchase:  E-Book   Book

Join me on my other sites:
Snippets
Write Away
Book Reviews


 Google Plus Instagram Linked In Pinterest Tumblr Twitter Word Press You Tube Travel with Randy

Join me at randytramp.com. Subscribe and receive updates. 
YouTube  (Travel with me: Videos helping you find your greatest expression.)
YouTube (Family) Kids and Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Go Flo

Go Flow To find your healthy path you need a future focal point. Desiring goal over instant gratification creates rails on your track. The ...