Surprise, Surprise, Surprise


My two-year-old daughter will run when Gomer Pile comes on—almost every time. I turned on Gomer, set my video for the toy area and waited, and waited, and waited. A few minutes later she arrived behind me from a different route. I learned that Mickey Mouse trumps Gomer.

Another surprise: While listening to Montel Williams talk concerning the captured Navy sailors by Iran, he spoke of the USS Kitty Hawk. Montel went on to speak specifically about an incident in which he received a humanitarian award in 1981.
The surprise:

I too received a humanitarian award aboard USS Kitty Hawk in 1981. We were on the same ship, same time.
Montel spoke how the Kitty Hawk picked up boat people in the South China Sea. I remember seeing those boat people. The kids were excited to get a balloon. I hadn’t seen a happier group of people.

Here’s the link to watch Montel speak about the incident:
 https://youtu.be/bBkXlW9SvnU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Go Flo

Go Flow To find your healthy path you need a future focal point. Desiring goal over instant gratification creates rails on your track. The ...