What if the Nightmare is real: Monsters by Julie Dejong

She writes this about herself when she was a young child: "To all outward appearances, I seemed normal. I could smile and act like everything was great and I didn't have a problem in the world. But inside I was screaming. There were times I wanted to curl up and die!"

"It is like a wound that keeps festering and hurting with nothing to dull or take the pain away."

"I often wondered how someone could look at me and not see what a horrible, ugly person I was." I must be a terrible person for something like this to happen to me. Does that mean there is something wrong with me? Is there something inside of me that is bad and that is why this happened?

Self Esteem?

What self esteem? I am a hideous, repulsive, vile person and there is no way anyone could ever truly love me if the knew!

This is another way the monster has insured the secret will be kept!



Pastor Randy Thoughts: My question is this: There are children that are like Julie. How can we go below the surface and help those children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...