Mind Like a Train

I usually shut down after supper and relax. Yesterday was one of those days that I had put everything into full throttle. I mean I was motivated and I had a full head of steam. The day started at 6:00 am and I hit the computer running. Ideas flowed out of my mind faster than the speed of thought. It was great. My mistake was forgetting to make the stop at "I need sleep." No matter what I tried my thoughts were not going to allow inner eyelid preventive maintenance. i.e. pm.  I shut the light off. I turned the light back on and wrote. I shut it off again only to turn it back on. I decided at around midnight to force the thoughts asleep. I resisted the urge to light up and throw more coal into the burning furnace. I think after minutes seconds the fire went out and I saw 6:00 am. That was rare as I usually wake up several times during the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...