Kurdish Woman on the Front Line - Update

Pervin Kobani, a 19-year-old female, is one of the fighters on the front line to defend the Syrian town from an onslaught by the ISIS. She is part of a team holding an eastern front-line position that comes under regular attack. "I didn't really have any other ambitions. I just wanted to live a free life, as a woman, to be able to see our reality and have our rights and just live," Pervin said concerning the reason she fights. She continues, "We won't allow the terrorist groups in until the last drop of our blood."
That message was from last December 2014.


August 11, 2015: In her hometown of Kobane, 80 percent of the city remains in rubble and streets are littered by empty shells and corpses yet to be buried. Yet, the city has not fallen to ISIS. I tried to find information on Pervin Kobani, but there is none other than she joined her father on the battlefield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...