Unbroken Is it Broken?

"Unbroken" directed by Angelina Jolie portrays to be a true story. The is truth is that it is half a story. My question is: "Where is the rest of the story?"

The movie is the life of Louis Zamperini. His plane crashes at sea while on a rescue mission. He spends 47 days floating on a raft before being picked up by a Japanese ship and thrown into a prison camp. He is tortured and eventual liberated at the end of the war. That was in the movie.

The book by Laura Hillenbrand has the entire story. Here is what the movie does not show: One night he was converted at a 1949 Billy Graham crusade in Los Angeles. Louis came home from the crusade, threw his alcohol down the drain and reconciled with his wife. Louis said, "I'm a new man."  He asked Jesus Christ to be his savior.

I will read the book and get the entire story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...