Real?

Look at this and you may think I'm rich. I had a friend put this on my desk as a gift. (Actually he put a one dollar bill on the end. I put the 50.) I initially thought, "Wow I have a lot of money." That was until I looked under the bill and found a lot of blank papers. It simply is an illusion. 

I thought about that as I considered my life. Are people seeing something that isn't real when they look at me? Am I an actor on a stage called life?

As much as I'd like to say no I suspect to some degree that is true. After all there are things I don't want people to see. Such as my "bad mood." I become quiet if I'm not firing on all pistons. At those times I try to use the saying, "It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and leave no doubts." Is that being fake? Could be viewed as that but who wants to see a fool and trust me I have awards in that category. I will work at being transparent in the things I want the world to see.
How about you? What do you keep hidden?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...