Refugees Lost

Hundreds were on a smuggler's boat that overturned off the coast of Libya. The Italian Coast Guard has said hundreds could of been lost. Eighteen ships joined the rescue attempt but only 28 survivors and 24 bodies were pulled out of the Mediterranean waters.

A survivor from Bangladesh told officials that 300 people were locked in holds below the ship. He said that many were women and children.

It takes me back in time. I was on board USS Kitty Hawk, sailing in the Mediterranean. I can still see the looks upon the faces of the refugees we picked up. They were so happy to be on a vessel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...