Cwach the Czechs

Sometimes I look around and think, "What can I write about that is unique?" That's when a thought hit me - Tyndall, South Dakota. Well, an article in the Sioux Falls Argus leader spurred the thought. Michelle Cwach, Czech, spoke about a name for their farm.

They researched their family history for a name and found John Cwach farmed in Bohemia. Then in 1867 John, his wife, Mary, and Mathias, son immigrated to America. After a struggling couple of years, they headed to the Dakota Territory. The story goes on that they bypassed Iowa because they wanted rockier ground. (Rocks made good foundations for houses.)

They are still searching for a name for their farm but on the journey they found interesting people in the pages of history.

+History

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...