Duggars, More Thoughts

I wrestled with this issue a lot last night. I see the Duggars, not as a family on a reality TV show, but as a real family that could be a neighbor next door.

Chatting with a lady that misunderstood what I posted on Facebook helped me clarify my thoughts. She thought I was defending the actions of Jim Bob Duggar.

I take a different position. I have tried to step into the shoes of a father that learned his teen son committed horrible actions against his sisters. My first instinct would be to protect. I would be wrong if I did that.

I believe there is a bigger issue involved and that is the position of the church. The church has placed forgiveness high on the list of priorities of "what to do." Maybe justice should be placed above forgiveness? Yes, we must forgive but my question is what does forgiveness look like? Is it silence? I think not. I fear the victim's voices were silenced and called forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...