Operation Baby Lift


The Vietnam war ended 40 years ago. The Viet Cong was ascending on Saigon. "Operation Babylift" was authorized by President Gerald Ford in April 1975 prior to the Viet Cong's assault. Thousands of children were saved, many adopted by parents in the United States.

"Operation Babylift is one of the few great things to come from the Vietnam tragedy," says Lana Mae Noone. She adopted two Vietnamese children. One died of pneumonia on the way back to the states.
As I look at the picture of the children looking out of the plane's windows, I wonder what's going through their thoughts. They are being taken out of the only land they know, to a new home, a place that is foreign to them. They had to have anxiety, fear and confusion. I'm happy to read something good that came out of the Viet Nam war - children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...