Pluto

I grew up fascinated with the solar system and NASA. My childhood took me through the 70's and the moon landings. "We will have a man on the moon by the end of this decade," a speech by John F. Kennedy, sounded in my world.

I watched Neil Armstrong walk on the moon from my grandfather's small TV set. My family squeezed into his small room and became part of history.

So when I heard that New Horizons reached Pluto I was immediately interested. The planet takes over 200 years to make one rotation. So the United States of America was not a nation when Pluto was in its current location. It took the spacecraft nine hours to get past the moon and nine years to get to Pluto. Now we're seeing  the video of a planet that I thought was so far out of our reach. Way to go NASA, you're igniting another generation of stargazers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...