Journey to the North Pole

"This is fantastic," says Donelly as the 318-passenger ship he's on smashes into a car-length ice chunk along a few hundred miles from the North Pole. A shudder goes through the vessel. "In all my dreams, I never thought I would make it to the edge of the North Pole."

Just outside Ny-Alsund, they come across polar bears. The ship circles clockwise around an island looking for other wildlife. Equipped with rubber boats the passenger disembark the ship, exploring more of the frozen island.

This far up in the Arctic, the sun stays up for nearly the entire summer, one day even brings a 2 a.m. passing of a blue whale.

Would you travel to the North Pole, given the opportunity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...