Your Car is Listening

Your car is listening. Not for your voice, like Amazon's Siri but for an electronic signal. Once that signal sounds, your car will start or unlock.

If you have a newer model, you might not even have to push a button, but just approach your car and the doors unlock and the engine starts.

I watched a cop show. In the show, thieves looked for cars that would open via their electronic device. They just went down the street to the first car that unlocked.

Another way thieves can get to your car is by collecting the electronic code. If they are close enough to your car when you press that unlock button, the thief can record it, wait and use it later.

Signal blocking devices are sold to keep this from happening. RFID blocking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Woosh

I enjoy visualizing what happens in places I can't see--a cell. The more I can learn about weight loss, the greater opportunity I have...