First Female Ranger

Vermont National Guard Spc. Skylar Anderson became the first woman certified as a combat engineer. (This is a battlefield job.)

Anderson, 20, said it was a "big eye-opener" when a supervisor told her she was the first woman to complete the course.  She will work alongside men, clearing minefields, buildings bridges under fire or destroying structures to block the enemy's advance.

"It's time to step up and not hide in the shadow's," she said.

In civilian life she wants to become an equine veterinarian.

"The opportunity to actually go overseas and fight for what we're suppose to in the Army, it would be an honor, it would be something I'd really look forward to," Anderson said.

I applaud her.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...