Sleep, Data, Sleep - Tips for Sleeping

"Sleep, Data, sleep." This is my favorite Star Trek line. The crew rescued Captain Picard from the Borg. He is a Borg. "Sleep, Data, sleep," Picard says. He must be tired, someone else says. Data disagrees and states, "I believe he's offering a course of action."

Want a course of action for sleep?

1. Limit your caffeine use and TV viewing before bed. If I watch an exciting show, it'll take awhile for my heart beat to return to normal.

2. Cut off Social Media before bedtime.

3. If you wake up in the middle of the night and can't return to sleep, try the 3-2-1 method.
3- Take three deep breaths and hold the last one for several seconds.
2- Blow out two breaths.
1- Take one long breath
You'll yawn, then fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Woosh

I enjoy visualizing what happens in places I can't see--a cell. The more I can learn about weight loss, the greater opportunity I have...