Remember Vietnam Vets



In the newspaper this morning, a poem by Rachel Wood reminded the reader of the sacrifice and unwelcome return of Vietnam Veterans.

I entered the Navy, shortly after the war ended. Stories of Vietnam swirled around the ship. A sailor pointed to an open area, "That's where all the injured were taken." Another sailor who had severe emotional problems said he saw a lot of combat via gunboats.

Reading the article, I could fear the jungle, smell the artillery and hurt for the men that sacrificed so much and returned to an ungrateful nation.  

If you want to read the poem, here is the link: http://www.yankton.net/life/article_d6819568-8821-11e5-842e-2be3e4b7a311.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.

Weekly Health Tip: Daily Routine

Following your daily routine is the key to being the best version of yourself. I wanted more sleep this morning. My habits motivated me into...